Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQ
Updated Monday, March 26, 2020
Let's take a moment to address some frequently asked questions:
Q: Are you open?
A: We are open only for essential limited hours, and only for special circumstances, in an effort to adhere to public health guidelines. This is limited to recent post-operative patients only, as we have to maintain protection and sanitation guidelines, and need to limit our use of supplies as to allow those on the front lines to have proper PPE for their incredible and heroic jobs. If you are NEWLY post-operative please call our office to schedule your appointment today 310 393-1703.
Q: What options do I have if I am unable to come to the clinic?
A: We offer tele-visits in this time you are unable to come into the clinic. These video visits are scheduled in 30 or 45 increments. A lapse in care can have detrimental effects to working toward your goals. Schedule your telehealth visit by calling our front office at 310-393-1703, OR by hitting the request an appointment button on our website at https://www.wwrehab.com/
You are not required to sign up for tele-visits. However, we do highly recommend it to maintain continuity of care during this time.
Q: What happens if I cancel an appointment at the last minute due to illness symptoms?
A: During COVID-19 there will be no penalties for cancellations of appointments related to respiratory illnesses until further notice.
Q: What are you doing to make sure germs are taken care of at the clinic for post-operative patients?
A: We always have patient safety in mind and disinfect all surfaces on a regular basis, regardless of the coronavirus outbreak. Here are a few extra things we are doing to ensure your health:
- Every person entering the clinic will be asked to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, and be asked to wear gloves. Therapists will also wash and sanitize hands before and after each patient, and wear gloves and mask.
- Disinfecting every inch of space that is touched by each patient using CDC-approved disinfectants will be performed following each patient appointment.
- We are following distancing guidelines to minimize exposure while maximizing therapeutic benefits.
- We have adjusted patient schedules to limit the number of people in a clinic to 3 to adhere to distancing guidelines
- We are taking all cleaning and hygiene precautions recommended by the CDC.
Q: If I have a cough can I come in for my post-operative appt?
A: If you are experiencing any sickness, please wait to schedule an appointment until you are symptom-free and have been properly cleared. If you have fever or symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath and have either traveled internationally or had close contact with someone who's suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus, please call your orthopedic, self-quarantine for 14 days and/or seek medical help if indicated, then call your provider prior to making an appointment once you are cleared.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 310-393-1703.
Here are some resources for education and prevention of spreading of COVID-19: